Pune Times Fashion Week 2018 - Day 01

The second season of Pune Times Fashion Week was spectacular.


This initiative by Times Group truly is absolutely brilliant; providing a platform in various cities across India for designers to showcase their masterpieces.

Although I wasn't able to catch the 'curtain raiser' on 16th November 2018, I got all the details from my friend Priya who had attended. And of course, Instagram was most helpful as I could check what I missed to witness in person. 

From what I gather, it was a dual showcase, Pria Kataaria Puri presented two of her collections combined into one show: a Resort Wear collection called 'Santorini' and a select of Evening Wear called 'La Lumiere'.  

Well I'm not going to drone on about something that I didn't personally witness.
So, moving on!

Day 01 was a collective of friends, fun and of course, FASHION!!!

PriyaKarina and me were set to witness the magnificence of fashion.

'Golden Thimble' by Shaina NC was the first show of the day, and I still in remain in awe of the wonderful creations she crafted. She truly is the 'Queen Of Drapes'.


After a brief recess, the second show of the day was a dual showcase. Two designers put forth a back-to-back display of their magnificent creations.

Designer Sophiya Gupta's collection comprised of ensembles which happen to be some of the most gorgeous creations I've ever laid my eyes on!


Designer Pranav Bhagwat presented a menswear collection that I found quite appealing. And I definitely wanted more than just one or two creations to add to my own wardrobe. Fresh and fun, bold and confident!


Another intermission, during which Darshit joined us to see the remaining shows for Day 01 of PTFW2018.

Sneha Adwani presented her collection, breaking away from the norm in India, where brides are ideally in focus, her collection instead put the Brides' Maids under the spotlight. A balance of Yin and Yang, her collection is a beautiful mesh of Indian ethnic and western silhouettes, garments which are perfect for any brides' maid. And of course, it goes without saying that these garments can be worn at events other than weddings.


Another break and then PNG Jewellers brought forth their presentation of the 'DiaMoon' collection. The establishment has been in place since 1958, and as the decades have passed on by, they have undoubtedly crafted some of the most amazing pieces ever to be made. At Pune Times Fashion Week, their collection was an ode to diamonds. A variety of cuts and clarity, set in rings, earrings, necklaces, bangles and bracelets, the pieces presented on the runway on that day were exquisite.


Another breather before the final show for the day.

Shalaka Pandit presented two segments from the brilliance of her craftsmanship: 'Spirit Of Sha' and 'Shalaka Couture'. Both of which I love. 'Spirit Of Sha' resonates a feel of Indie-Boho, asymmetrical silhouettes clubbed with prints of an array of motifs; and 'Shalaka Couture' emanates an aura of regal with the pristine bead-work & embellishments.


That was all for Day 01 at Pune Times Fashion Week 2018. 

I have done short write-ups for each show that I watched, head on over to my blog to read all about it and check out the amazing outfits by the designers.

From Right To Left: Darshit ChawhanKarina SangtaniPriya Haridas-Kotnis & Me
Don't miss out on Day 02 @ PTFW 2018.

Videos have been sourced from Times Fashion Week.

Photos: RAOS by Rakesh Oswal
Subscribe on top, and get updates on the following;
YouTube: Deepanker Attri

Comments

Popular Posts