Hometown Glory!

Fifteen years ago, we packed up and left!

To be honest, while I always did want to return, almost instantly, never in my most vivid nightmares had I dreamed up the circumstances that would bring about my return!

And now here I am, farthest from almost everybody whom I hold dear in this random existence called 'Life'.

How does it feel to be back here? "Bittersweet" is the best word to describe it! Nostalgia hits me almost every breathing second, be it awake or fast asleep! "It was the best of times and the worst of times.." is another line that words very well how I think of the life that once I lived here!

While I did not belong to the A-typical `rich-kids' circle, I did have it all, my grandmother made sure of it! I was a spoiled brat, I admit!

Habits die hard, that for sure holds true, but I have changed from what I remember of myself and the life I once lived here! From Doon to Pune, and back to Doon.
Here's a beauty unchanged,
a comfort and peace and still remains,
a calm that I'm not precisely sure how to ascertain!
Got a job, finally thought: "Stability! Here I come!"; and then year 2020 came! And this dreamer's dream went from "going according to plans" to "WTF?!!"

Made friend with some amazing people here too! New friends! Going through a lot, like myself, in their own shades of grey!

But, yeah! This is Home!

Comments

Popular Posts